Prior to becoming a CPC in 2002, Rhonda served more than 28 years as a LPN working in both hospital and physician office settings. Additionally, she has experience in coding/billing and as a Certified Patient Accounts Representative (CPAR).
Most recently, she held positions as Coder and Site Manager/Coding Auditor where she served as the AETC Coding Trainer for multiple facilities. She instructed medical coders and medical providers including physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, in documenting and coding to the highest level of accuracy.
Her duties included:
- Performance evaluations
- Education for compliance in medical documentation
Rhonda has also served as the President of the Capitol City Coders, Montgomery, AL local chapter of AAPC. She has a passion for teaching and has had the opportunity to speak on several occasions to the local AAPC chapter. She utilizes her knowledge and real life experiences to engage others in learning. Rhonda’s energetic sense of humor makes the learning experiences enjoyable and delightful.
Rhonda G. Burgess, LPN, CPC, CPC-I
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), 1986
- Certified Patient Accounts Representative (CPAR), 2000
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), 2002
- Certified AAPC Professional Coding Instructor (CPC-I), 2008
- Approved AAPC ICD-10 Instructor, 2013